- Welcome to Poblado Guest House
- About Us
- Rooms and apartments
- Our Services
– Transport Service
– Laundry Service
– Cleaning Service
– Ticket print service
- Common areas
- General conditions of sale
- Payment methods
– European bank account
- ESCNN Code
- Sustainability policy
Welcome to Poblado Guest House
Thank you for choosing us to visit Medellin, be welcome to Poblado Guest House, a place where you can feel like home. We hope your stay here be nice, for us it’s a pleasure to host you.
Our reception Schedule is from 8 am to 9 :30 pm, remember to contact us if you have a doubt or complaint in our WhatsApp +57 318 441 9078. After 10 pm this number is only for emergencies.
The WiFi password for all the networks with the name Poblado Guest House is: Medellin
In this book you’ll find some recommendations to do on your visit to Medellin. Be free to go to our reception for some advices about things to do in the city.
Receiving guests since 2016, a project by Arthur Leroux began with a small place located near Poblado park with the aim of offering travelers a stay that would make them feel at home. Going through the crisis caused by SARS-CoV- 2, today it counts with 19 rooms in 4 apartments, in addition to 2 private studios in a strategic location.
Ideally located for accessibility to different places by foot, You could find :
- Exito supermarket at 5 minutes.
- Athletic gym at 5 minutes.
- Restaurants zone at 5 minutes.
- D1 and Justo y Bueno Stores at 10 minutes.
- Poblado metro station at 15 minutes.
- Lleras park at 20 minutes.
- Telemedellín park at 15 minutes.
Rooms and apartments
In our facilities we count with 19 rooms located in 4 apartments and 2 private studies.
In the rooms you will find different categories such as :
- Room with shared bathroom, we have 8 rooms like this, 2 per apartment.
- Room with private bathroom, there are 11 rooms like this.
- Premium Room, you will find 3 rooms like this one in our facilities, they are bigger and comftable than the other ones, one of them count with a private balcony and the other one have a private terrace.
We offer different services for you enjoy Medellín city
· Transport service
The hostel has a transportation system in which the driver will wait for you outside and take you directly to the apartment, this can be booked through WhatsApp. It has a cost of $ 80,000 COP * in cash that will be paid to the driver.
* Price valid for 2021
· Laundry service
For greater comfort, we wash, dry, fold your clothes and leave it in your room. This way, you can better manage your time in Medellín without any concern. This service has an additional cost of $ 35,000 COP per machine.
· Cleaning service
The room rate includes cleaning once every 4 nights, if you want an extra cleaning, this must be requested through WhatsApp and will have an additional cost of $15,000 COP per day.
For our guests we offer two breakfast options:
- House Breakfast:
Eggs, bread, fresh fruits, natural juice, coffee / tea, butter, marmalade.
- Traveler breakfast:
Cereal, yogurt, bread, fresh fruits, natural juice, coffee / tea, butter, marmalade.
Breakfast is served from 7:30h. to 10:00h every day.
Those who want to enjoy them must make a prior notice directly at the reception or through WhatsApp. (+57 3184419078)
If your reservation does not include breakfast, it will be worth an additional $10,000 COP.
The place has a rooftop in one of its apartments (Great apartment in Poblado,
Manila 12.2). To which the guests of said apartment have access.
· Ticket print service
If you need to print a ticket or document for your trip, you can send it to the email firstname.lastname@example.org and the staff will gladly print it for you at no cost.
If you booked for a room, you will find some common areas that are shared with the other guests such as the kitchen, the living room, the eating room and the balcony or terrace in case that the apartment count with it. Be free to use these areas, but remember that rest is the priority for that we limited the use of these zones between 10:00 pm and 7 :30 am.
- Paragliding in San Felix
You will be able to observe from the air different panoramic views of Medellín and the Aburrá Valley, book with us so you can enjoy this wonderful experience.
- Hiking in Santa Elena
To enjoy beautiful trails and walks, you can go to Arví Park, a place full of magic in the cradle of flowers. To get there, you can go by metro. Come and ask our collaborators to tell you how to get there.
- Guatape Tour (corregir en la página web)
How to visit Medellín and not getting to know the highest monolith in Colombia? With 220 m of height and 740 steps, at the top you can enjoy beautiful views of the Guatapé dam, an unforgettable landscape.
If you like sports, this option is for you. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays and holidays some main roads of the city are turned into bike paths so you can enjoy doing outdoor sports such as jogging, biking or rollerblading. Tuesday and Thursday from 20:00h to 22:00h and Sundays and holidays from 7:00h to 13:00h
- Free walking tour
A walk where you will learn about the difficult situation that Medellín went through in the 80’s and 90’s, you will be able to walk through some historic points, a story of resilience, know how it overcame and became the most innovative city in the world.
- Botero Square and Antioquia Museum
Botero square or Berrio square is an emblematic place in Medellín, where you can find numerous sculptures by the artist Fernando Botero, a paisa sculptor who has donated many of his work to the town where he was born and ,raised; in addition, there you can find the Antioquia Museum where you can see some of his paintings.
- Castle Museum
Did you know that Medellín has a castle? Built in a medieval gothic style, the Castle Museum is a place full of magic where you will feel like in a fairy tale, and you will learn a little about one of the families that contributed the most to Medellín.
- Cerro Nutibara (Pueblito paisa)
A place where you can find buildings full of colors representing the towns of Antioquia, from there you can enjoy a beautiful view of Medellín.
A tour where they will tell you the history of commune 13, a commune with a dark past full of violence, which with the efforts of its inhabitants managed to get ahead and become one of the most touristic places in Medellín.
- Lleras park
Known as the “Zona Rosa of Poblado”, there you will find different places to go out to dance and enjoy with friends.
A perfect place where you will find a variety of restaurants to have dinner with your friends.
- La 70
Place near the stadium full of bars and clubs where you can dance and socialize with local people.
- La hacienda origen ($)
A place where you can enjoy a delicious “Bandeja paisa”, typical food of Medellín.
- Ajiacos y mondongos ($$)
There you can find a typical dish of the capital city, the ajiaco, a delicious soup with chicken and different varieties of potatoes.
- Mondongos ($$$)
An emblematic place in the city, which was created to unite Antioqueña families in a typical dish, el mondongo. Today it is one of the most recognized restaurants of typical Antioqueña food.
- La minorista ($-$$$)
A market place where you can find typical Colombian food, in this option you have different restaurants to choose from such :as seafood, Latin food, South American food and Spanish food
- Los perrines or Poblado Park’s red tent ($)
It is a good option for lovers of street food, with a great variety of hot dogs and burgers.
- Kamaos ($$)
Close to Poblado Park you can find Kamaos, the place of the famous chuzarrón, a chicharrón in the shape of brochette.
- Dog Burger ($)
The house of combipapas or piggy potatoes as we call it in Medellín, fries with everything that you can enjoy near Lleras park.
- Zorba ($)
There, you will find delicious, good-sized pizzas for great prices.
- Vegetarian ($)
Close to Ruta N you will find a delicious vegetarian food restaurant, which has diverse options to offer, a place full of delicious recipies.
Inside Oviedo Mall, you will find a different, tasty, economic and healthy option.
- Vegan & Veggie ($$)
Near to the establishment you will find this delicious option of vegan and veggie food.
The check out time is at 11:30 am, if you want you can leave your luggage at the reception and stay in the common areas of the apartment with out problem.
Poblado Guest House is a place to rest and respect to the neighbors and other guests. For this reason, parties or, illegal products are not allowed in the place and prostitution is prohibited.
We always care about the tranquility and well-being of all, therefore, we ask our guests to respect the rest of others at night, limiting the use of the common areas from 10:00pm to 7:30pm.
General conditions of sale
- At the time of check-in, all guests must present a picture identification document such as a passport or similar in order to confirm identity.
- According to the law 1581 of 2012, the decree 1377 of 2013 and the decree 1074 of 2015, we respect the privacy of the guest data and will not share any information with any commercial institutions.
- In accordance with resolution 1238 of 2018 related to the migratory report, your passport information, arrival, and departure dates will be reported to the migratory services through the government’s platform SIRE.
- The sexual, and/or commercial exploitation of children, adolescents or any underage individual (NSPCC) is a crime. We invite our guests to consult our code of conduct to prevent and face NSPCC.
- We invite our guests to go over our sustainable policy, available on our website in which we establish our effort to develop new practices to help decrease the negative impact on all social, cultural, environmental, and economic aspects generated due to our services and commercial activity.
- Visitors to the property will be authorized with a prior guest request before 6:00 P.M.
Visitors must present a photo identification document. Please remind your visitor to keep good behavior and not disturb other guests or neighbors.
- The number of people hosted in the room cannot surpass the assigned capacity.
- For the comfort of all our guests, pets are not allowed.
- It is prohibited to enter our premises with firearms, explosives, flammable substances or similar. Resolution 2535 of 1993.
- The payment for your stay must be submitted in advance or at the time of the check-in.
- It is not allowed to play loud or high-volume music inside the rooms or common areas. The use of wireless or movable speakers it is also prohibited.
- Please limit the use of common areas between 10:00 p.m. – 7:30 a.m., in order to allow other guests and neighbors to a good night rest.
- Please be conscious regarding all complementary products such as detergent, coffee, sugar, oil, salt, and pepper.
- It is not allowed to take any accessories of the room and/or apartment (towels, bed sheets, blankets, remote control, cookware, among other) any missing items will be automatically charged to your bill.
- Any damage to the property, broken furniture, or similar caused by the guest, should be paid by the guest according to the value established by the company.
- At check out, all guests should leave the key inside the room on top of the bed or give it hand to hand to our staff at the front desk.
- The checkout time it’s at 11:30 a.m., at this time the company is entitled to request the room for cleaning and sterilizing of the area. After 1:00 p.m., the room will be emptied of all guest belongings and placed at the reception or storage without commitment or responsibility.
- Poblado Guest House does not take responsibility of any kind for lost or forgotten objects inside the establishment.
- Reception hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and there is no room service during this time.
- The cleaning and service procedure of the room is done every 4 nights.
- The ending of the accommodation agreement will take place with no possible refund as a result of:
- Violation of any regulation detailed in this document,
- Committing faults to morality and good habits disturbing others.
- By signing the registration document, the guest declares to accept in all its parts the present internal rules and regulations.
· European bank account
German Deutsche bank (IBAN NºDE39 1001 1001 2626 2330 81)
Name: Arthur Leroux
Address: calle 11 A # 43 f 16, Poblado, Medellín
Poblado Guest House is committed to the comprehensive protection of the rights of children and adolescents and participates in the project for the prevention of commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents (ESCNNA), therefore we adopt a code of conduct and invite all people to build safe environments to prevent and face CSEC
CODE OF BEHAVIOR
The commitments contained in this code of conduct have been adopted by our company in compliance with the provisions of Article 1 of Law 1336 of 2009, through which the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism mandatorily establishes the adoption and compliance of a code of conduct for all tourism service providers in the Republic of Colombia. The commitments acquired by the Code of Conduct establishment are:
- We refrain from offering in tourist promotion programs and in tourist plans, expressly or surreptitiously, plans for the sexual exploitation of children and adolescents.
- We refrain from giving information to tourists, directly or through an intermediary, about places from where they coordinate or where they practice commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents.
- We refrain from driving tourists, directly or through third parties, to establishments or places where commercial sexual exploitation of children is practiced, as well as taking them to the hotel rooms where tourists are staying.
- We refrain from providing vehicles on tourist routes for the purpose of exploitation or sexual abuse with children and adolescents.
- We prevent at all times the entry of children and adolescents who come without their parents to the hotel.
- We adopt all measures to prevent our staff, suppliers and clients from offering tourist services that allow sexual activity with boys, girls and adolescents.
- We protect national or foreign children and adolescents from all forms of exploitation and sexual violence caused by national or foreign tourists.
- We will report to the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism and other competent authorities, the facts of which we may have knowledge by any means, as well as the suspicion of these, related to the sexual exploitation of children and adolescents and we ensure that within The company has channels to report such events to the competent authorities.
- We have designed and disclosed within the company and with our suppliers of goods and services, a policy in which we have established measures to prevent and counteract all forms of sexual exploitation of children and adolescents in travel and tourism.
- We have trained all staff linking the company, as well as suppliers who, due to the nature of their activities, have contact with tourists, regarding the prevention of commercial sexual exploitation of children, children and adolescents.
- We inform our guests during their registration, about the legal consequences in Colombia of the sexual exploitation and abuse of children and adolescents.
- This Code is in a public and visible place in the accommodation
Poblado Guest House is aware that its activity can negatively affect the environment and the surroundings, it is committed to incorporating environmental and sustainable concepts into its daily management that help guarantee the development of the area in which it operates.
It is our intention to influence, especially, the following aspects:
- Comply with all current legislation on environmental and sustainability matters.
- Prevent the possible negative effects of our actions on the environment and the surroundings.
- Establish, implement, evaluate and continually improve environmental and sustainability programs (energy saving, water saving, solid waste management, hazardous waste management, chemical product management, management of atmospheric, auditory and visual pollution and sustainability) oriented towards compliance with standards 5133: 2006 and the Colombian technical standard NTS-TS 002.
- Use all the technical means within our reach to reduce the consumption of energy and raw materials, to the point of being able to make our activity sustainable and contribute to the preservation of the destination’s biological diversity through landscape integration and respect for its flora and fauna.
- Sensitize our employees and clients about the conservation and protection of the environment and our surroundings, based on responsible and environmentally friendly and sustainable behavior.
- Constantly impart information to our employees on good environmental and sustainable practices, to reinforce their commitment to the maintenance and continuous improvement of the LM Hotel’s Environmental and Sustainable Management System.
- Collaborate with public and private entities to favor the environment, based on participation in environmental programs.
Our activity will be sustainable if we are able to make a contribution to reducing social differences and reducing poverty through opportunities for economic growth.
All the staff of the Poblado Guest House undertakes to get involved in the entire process, providing and receiving the appropriate information to ensure and continuously improve quality throughout the organization and respect for the environment, this is the best guarantee for our clients
As the highest representative of the organization, I sign this document and I promise that it will serve as a guide to develop the hotel’s environmental and sustainability management.
POBLADO GUEST HOUSE